Our submission guidelines are designed to ensure a minimum standard of quality for all items ( Templates, Themes, PHP Scripts, Bootstrap Modules etc ) listed on Script Eden. Our guidelines are also intended to communicate expectations with authors in order to make the submission process as seamless as possible.
Although item approvals reside with the reviewer, following these guidelines will minimize the chances of your item being rejected.
- Item must be unique and vary sufficiently enough from other items listed on Script Eden.
- Item must include proper documentation (see section 7).
- Item must be built using the latest stable version of open source libraries ( e.g. Bootstrap )
- Item that aren’t updated regularly or selling sufficiently may be removed from the marketplace.
- Files and directories must be treated as case-sensitive.
- HTML needs to be validated via the W3C validator. However, browser prefixes and any other cutting edge code will be exempt.
- Including custom minified assets must also include the non-minified versions as well.
- Logos and branding (text & images) used in the design must match the item name and description.
- Item must display properly on popular mobile devices and desktop screen widths.
- Item must be compatible with all major browsers.
4. Name, Description & Screenshot
- Item name must be different than other items listed on Script Eden. Use the site’s search function to ensure the item name is unique.
- Item description must contain a list of all features and pages included in the item.
- Updated items must include a change log in the item description.
- Item screenshots are resized to 640 x 325 pixels and therefore should display properly with these dimensions.
5. Live Preview
- The live preview link must represent the final destination URL and not use any URL shorteners.
- The live preview must be exactly the same as the item for sale with the exception of landing pages to access different variations of the item.
- Live preview must be free of error and load quickly.
- Live preview must not contain any advertisements, referral links, and links to other websites or pages that are not related to the live preview. You may include the following:
- Live preview must not contain any ‘buy now’ or ‘more details’ buttons leading back to your own site for purchase.
6. Licenses and Attribution
- Third-party assets used to build your item must be properly licensed or free for commercial use.
- All items must include documentation or help files to assist-end users especially when customizations are included in the item. This may include, but is not limited to, information on how to add/edit/remove specific elements, create new pages and apply styles to elements.
8. Support & Updates
- Authors must provide basic support.